In October 2010 a trial started in Mold Crown Court alleging a mortgage fraud conspiracy, there was never a complainee against Michael and Anita Creamer & no loss suffered to any lenders. When Michael & Anita Creamer went to trial there was no mortgage on their home.
- CPS in Colwyn Bay were reluctant to charge.
- It was only when Senior Investigator Simon Curzon from the CPS in Cardiff decided to charge that the case went to trial.
- This case cost the tax payer millions to put together & prosecute someone who doesn’t owe any banks, buildings societies or private individuals any money.
- There were no victims.
- The prosecution’s Barrister Wyn Lloyd Jones alone cost £125,000 + VAT.
- The presiding judge for the trial of the alleged 13 year mortgage fraud conspiracy was John Rogers QC, the man who gained notoriety in January 2007 when he dished out a suspended sentence to a man convicted of downloading child porn, Judge John Rogers was happy to give a suspended sentence to this man admitting to downloading nearly 200 pornographic images of children, from level one to the more serious level four, onto his computer. He also gave a suspended sentence to a husband who violently broke his wife’s arm in view of their teenage children and also gave a suspended sentence to a man whose assaults on his wife left her with a broken nose and dislocated jaw.
Stephen Jones the mortgage broker in the trial pleaded guilty. At another trial on his own he was ordered to be struck off by the FSA for falsifying 1,500 mortgage applications and fined £100,000.
- DC Don Kenyon of NWP was asked under oath by Peter Davies QC for Michael Creamer how many of the 1,500 people alleged to have falsified mortgage applications were prosecuted.
- DC Don Kenyon of NWP answered NONE.
During the trial it was brought to Judge John Rogers’ attention that comments were being made on a popular blog called Thoughts of Oscar that could prejudice the trial, the jury were subsequently dismissed.
- John Rogers QC, ordered DC Don Kenyon of North Wales Police to speak to ‘Oscar’ to make sure no more comments were put on Thoughts of Oscar and for any previous comments to be removed.
- 2 hours later, DC Don Kenyon returned to the stand, swore an oath that ‘Oscar’ had been spoken to & no more comments would be posted on Thoughts of Oscar for the duration of the trial.
- North Wales Police had denied all knowledge of who ‘Oscar’ was before the trial and after, yet within 2 hours of being asked by Judge John Rogers, they are able to speak with ‘Oscar’ to ensure that no more comments are placed on the blog!
- Chris Stables, Barrister for Anita Creamer made reference to the Archbold Law Book, which clearly states that ‘No woman with no previous convictions should go to prison’. John Rogers was happy to disregard this.
- John Rogers was happy to sentence a mother of 3 children to 2 years in jail despite her good name & the fact that she had no previous convictions, yet failed to jail violent men and a paedophile.